I completed the rest of the book that took ages and I’m on to the next which is a much faster read. It was totally worth it to sign up for this challenge.
Sometimes I find myself reading books that fall into the ‘not interesting or relevant to me’ category. It’s like I run into a wall where getting through pages becomes a huge chore. Considering I love to read in general this says a lot when I admit that reading something is a chore for me. At the same time, I dislike leaving books unfinished and I tend to slog on through until I finish the very last word or decide after a bit of soul searching that it’s a waste of my time to continue.
Because I’ve finished this one I feel like I’ve gotten over the final hurdle. For the next couple of months it should be relatively smooth sailing from here in terms of finishing my GoodReads Reading Challenge for 2013. I even read a book this weekend that isn’t on listed GoodReads. How ‘Casey at the Bat’ of me.
After hanging with the fam bam, the afternoon happened to devolve into reading instead of writing and I stumbled upon a couple of Read-A-Thons.
I’ve gotten through about 2 hours of reading on two books within this 24-hour span so I figured why not take part in this challenge? Since I stumbled upon this first one so late into the one day it’s running I’m doing it for fun and will parlay any progress made into the second challenge.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Los Angeles, CA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Take this Bread by Sara Miles
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Homemade tortilla chips with salsa and a little mix of shredded cheese on the side.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I often think about sleeping when I’m reading and vice versa.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my first one. I’m striving to finish my current book tonight so that I can start this one. Twenty-four pages to go.
For more, start here: http://24hourreadathon.com/2013/10/12/hour-1-i-like-big-books/
Follow this hashtag on twitter: #wwreadathon
The second event is the Wonderfully Wicked Read-A-Thon which goes from October 11 through October 20.
I’ve officially joined that and will try to finish the new book by then. Feel free to connect with me on GoodReads for updates. Let me know what you’re reading this month.